70% of module assessment weighting
Formative assignment task (30% weighting for the module)
5 teaching observations
- 2 to be completed as observer of colleagues’ teaching sessions
- 2 to be your sessions observed by colleagues (one of these by MA Ed tutors)
- 1 either as observer or observee
Each observation to be evidenced by a observation notes demonstrating depth of reflection and discourse about teaching and learning (approx 1000 words each).
There is a standard peer/teaching observation form available on LearningSpace, though you may create your own template for recording your observation events.
Summative assignment task (40% weighting for the module)
Having completed the five required teaching observations, provide a summary report of the peer observations as ethnographic research. You may link this to your own research themes identified through PGDipHE course.
Your summary report may include:
- Your understanding of ethnographic research
- Exploration of teaching observation as a model for teaching development and collegial sharing of teaching practices.
- Reflection on your own experiences and contexts of teaching observation
- The implications teaching observations on development of your own practice
- Consideration of your teaching observations with particular reference to aspects of the UK Professional Standards Framework
2000 words or equivalent.
Submission deadline: To be completed and uploaded to LearningSpace by midday on 31st July 2014